Thursday, January 20, 2011

I See the Moon


I see the moon and the moon sees me
The moon sees somebody I'd like to see
God Bless the moon and God Bless me
And God Bless somebody I'd like to see.

It seems to me that God above
Created you for me to love
He picked you out from all the rest
Because he knew I loved you best

I once had a heart as good as new
But now it's gone from me to you
Take care of it as I have done
For you have two and I have none

If I get to heaven and you're not there
I'll carve your name on a golden stair
A way up high for all to see
Just how much you mean to me 

This is one of my very favorite lullabies... and yesterday when I was really feeling down, my mom called me to sing it to me. It made me so happy, and so sad. I've been missing my family too much lately. As much as I want to be and am a big girl, sometimes I feel like I did when I was so little and sad to be away from my mom. Of course I am missing a lot of people this time. 

But I am so grateful to have so many special people to miss. If I made a list of everyone I treasure with all of my heart, it would be long and almost endless. A lot of people don't have that. So why the tears? 

I can't wait to take my trip down to Louisiana and hug all of the family and friends that I miss so much. It will be too short, I know, but I will be so happy to see 35+ family members and plenty of friends. One of the reasons that I love this lullaby so much is that it reminds me that God made me for a reason... gave me this family for a reason... and has me here in Boston for a reason. Everything's gonna be alright.

And God Bless the somebodies I'd like to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated...