Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day... Sew Day!!!

Today we had another blizzard. We got about 2 feet of snow, so work was called off for both of us. I spent the morning sewing (squaring, pressing) while Chad practiced guitar. It was nice for both of us to take it slow and enjoy our breakfast and coffee for as long as we wanted together.

Chad went out first... and decided to make a "snowhawk" on his car. He was proud of it and came in to get my camera so he'd have a picture of it. So funny!!

Dude, where's my car?
Thanks to my sister Bonnie for the wonderful hat, scarf, and gloves! They match my quilt :)
All I did to get the snow off my car doors was open and shut them.
It was fun to watch the snow fall in big chunks.
Ta-DA!!! There it is (thanks to my sweet man for helping me unbury it)

Here's what we see from our kitchen window.



And now, for all my hard work! I've been doing a LOT of sewing, trimming, measuring, trimming again, and squaring up. It wasn't so bad when Chad was playing guitar- kept my mind off the repetition of this work.

My least favorite part... pressing seams :(

My FAVORITE PART!! (so far)
Here I am piecing everything together to get the right balance of patterns and colors. I promise I didn't purposely match my shirt and socks with my quilt. It just happens to be made of my favorite colors.

VOILA!! My quilt top- unsewn of course. I can't wait to get it all put together. I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me! Just hoping to get it done before our new couch gets here in a few weeks... it will be so cozy to snuggle on my new couch with my 'real' first quilt. 

Stay warm and safe everyone!! Chad told me that 49 of the 50 states have snow on the ground now... all except Florida. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah this is gorgeous! I love it a lot! Your fabric choices are awesome! Good work...keep updating us!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated...