Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Carry Your Heart With Me

 e.e. cummings

This is one of my very favorite poems, and will for sure be included in my wedding some day. So today is the perfect day to share it.


 I love Valentine's Day. I'm not one of those people who thinks it's just a commercialized holiday. Valentine's Day to me is a wonderful excuse to celebrate everyone we love. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful family members and friends- so I really enjoy this lovey dovey cheesy gushy glorious holiday. Why do we get off for Presidents' Day but not Valentine's? Doesn't make sense to me.



Here are (some of) the Valentine cards I made this year. 
I went all out and made each one unique.


  The main reason I want to post on Valentine's Day, though, is this man.
 My Valentine, musician, scientist, viking, egg-cooker, companion, and best friend.


He got a heart shaped omelet this morning. (I used a cookie cutter)
Then I made his lunch with these tags attached to his food:
"We're quite the pear!" -on a pear
"Bean my Valentine" -on bean dip for his chips
"I'm nuts about you!" -on his bag of nuts
"Because I love you" -on his Salmon wrap I picked up at Trader Joe's (i don't care for salmon)
"For your eyes only. 'Luncheray'" -get it? ha ha

So I'm a little cheesy. Hey, it will make his lunch a little more interesting today!

 What would I do without him? I don't know. And I don't have to know. 

When I asked him to be my Valentine, he said he would be mine forever. 
What more could I ask for?
(sneak peek) The craft cabinet above is my latest DIY project that I'll be posting about soon. 
It's decorated for Valentine's right now.

beautiful picture above was made for me by a very cute 5-year-old

Happy Valentine's to ALL... 

Love Sarah

1 comment:

  1. thanks again for my card :)
    and just so you know...I plan to use that e.e. cummings poem in my wedding as well. love you sister.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated...