Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kaleidoscopes

I have always had a dream of owning an art studio called Kaleidoscope Studio. I don't know what it is about them, but I find kaleidoscopes to be magical, whimsical, and just plain fun. Perhaps it goes back to the fact that colors and colorful things are therapeutic.... I don't know. I just love them.


 Boston Craftworks is the company that I've been working for, and I have been enjoying it immensely. I am sharing about it because we are building a new website and updating the whole business (a revamp), and I get to do the product photography for it. I never really thought I was that interested in this kind of commercial photography, but I have had a blast with it!


We sell kaleidoscope kits and parts, pen kits and parts, and almost anything associated with polymer clay that you can think of.  I am learning how to run a small business, getting comfortable with business etiquette, understanding how online commerce works, and keeping in touch with my ever-so-important creativity.

  I love what I do, and feel like this a positive direction to move in. Having a flexible schedule and the trust and respect I need from my boss is worth the world to me. It has had a wonderful impact on my well-being, and I feel lucky to have the opportunity. I still get to do some portrait photography and Photoshop/photography tutoring on the side- as well as babysitting (I can't live without little imaginations enriching my life.)

 I am planning on running workshops this summer for kaleidoscope building. I'd like it to turn into a crafty day camp for children, but there are still plenty of kinks to work out.

So, there's my explanation of what I've been doing lately... if you ever need any kaleidoscope or polymer clay supplies, you know where to go!

"May your world be full of color and your crayons never melt." - Tymm 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated...