Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had a happy and peaceful Christmas this year. I love getting the spirit by creating my own Christmas wonderland at home. There's nothing better than listening to classic Christmas tunes (Thank you, Pandora) and putting a whole bunch of love into crafty projects that I know I will treasure every year at Christmas. Chad probably got his FILL of holiday tunes for a while- he was a great sport. Here is what our home looked like for the holidays. It did feel very warm and bright...


 Right after we got our Christmas tree- so excited! 
Chad bought me a pretty poinsettia- he knows the way to my heart :)


One of my plates for Chad's birthday/ Christmas party. I had dip to go with it, of course! I didn't take photos of the party (I know, lame!) I was kinda proud of my lil' Christmas tree though, so I made sure to photograph it hours before. It was a fun celebration with great friends, and nice to have people over for the holidays- so mad at myself for not taking pictures.

 Our New England ornament... 
I cut a hole in the back of it and shoved a couple of lights in it to make it glow.


In the photo above you see:
A: My vintage Santa and reindeer decor. Chad's response when he saw it, "What classroom did you steal that from?" Ha ha too bad Chad! I like it and it's staying until January!
B. My pretty felt garland that I crafted. Perhaps my favorite project this year.
C: Our stockings :) I made Chad's last year to match the size of the one I've had my whole life.

I got the design idea from Pottery Barn.. I like everything except the nose on Santa. I may have to fix it!

Although this paper chain garland got vetoed off the tree (Chad wasn't crazy about it) I hung it in my craft room and gave it a nice crafty Christmas feel.

A Santa pillow I made from some vintage fabric I found in my mom's stash.

This is the only non-handmade decoration I added to our collection this year. I love it so much- pretty sure it'll stay up throughout the snow season. No snow yet!! I'm sure it'll be here soon though.

I know I'm belated on sharing- I hope everyone has a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and appreciated...