Monday, January 16, 2012

Pinwheel Baby Quilt

 I finally finished a baby quilt for a sweet new little girl! I'd been wanting to make a pinwheel quilt, and decided it would be perfect for a baby.

These are progress photos of the quilt top.
I got the design from Moda Bake Shop.
I'm excited about the tabs, although they got a little fussy and didn't sit as flat after washing.

That's my quilting pattern. Don't worry! The red washed out! I hand quilted it- machine pieced.

 Chad got a couple of pictures of me while I'm binding it. 
I used satin binding... it's very soft and great for a baby.

 
 I embroidered her name and birthday on the back. I'm still a beginner in embroidery!

 TA-DA!! Finished product! Ready to snuggle a brand new baby girl!











2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the fabrics, the triangle tabs thing and satin as a binding, never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious keepsake! Could you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated...